If you are a resident of the United Kingdom or if you currently hold a valid visa to enter the United States, Canada or any European Union country, you DO NOT require a Tourist Visa to enter the Dominican Republic.
Nationals of all other countries who are not in possession of a valid visa for the United States, Canada or any European country, must obtain a tourist visa, for which they need to attend in person to a Dominican Consulate nearest to their place of residence.
To apply for a tourist visa for the Dominican Republic each person must provide the following:
- Visa form filled out and duly completed by machine or legible.
- One (1) photograph.
- Original passport with a minimum validity of six (6) months.
- Documents that demonstrate economic solvency: bank letter of your savings account, checking account or bank certificates. Labor Certification, indicating your date of entry to the company, position that you occupy in the company, salary, titles of ownership of your residence, business, farm or land, or vehicle registration if you own them.
- Copy of the National Identity Document of the country of residency or copy of the Residence Card or visa stamp.
- Copy of hotel reservation.
- Copy of flight reservation updated to the date of your trip.
- A visa fee of £200.00 paid in cash, postal order or banker’s draft. We do not accept personal cheques.