If you are a national of a country listed below, you will need a Tourist Card and a valid passport to enter the Dominican Republic. PASSPORTS MUST BE VALID FOR AT LEAST TWICE THE LENGTH OF YOUR STAY.
ANTIGUA & BARBUDA
(& overseas departments including Guadeloupe, Guyana, Martinique and Reunion)
(including Curacao & St Marteen)
ST.KITTS & NEVIS
ST. VINCENT & GRENADINES
TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
TURKS & CAICOS
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
(including Puerto Rico & the Virgin Islands)
Nationals of the following countries do not need either a Tourist Card or a Tourist Visa to enter the country: Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, Israel, Japan, Perú, South Korea and Uruguay.
If your country is not listed above, but you are a resident of the United Kingdom or currently hold a valid visa to enter the United States, Canada or any European Union country, you may also enter the Dominican Republic with a Tourist Card and a valid passport.
If your country is not listed above, and if you do not hold a valid visa for the United Kingdom, United States, Canada or Schengen countries, you will need to obtain a Tourist Visa. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about how to apply.
Tourist Cards are available at the Consular Section of the Embassy of the Dominican Republic at a cost of £11.50.
Tourist cards may be obtained with the following options:
- In the front page of this website paying by credit/debit card.
- By post by sending the following:
- Postal Order or Banker’s Draft for £11.50, made payable to the Embassy of the Dominican Republic.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT PERSONAL CHEQUES.
Self addressed stamped envelope (size A5).We regret we will not be able to send Tourist Cards if a pre-paid envelope is not included.
A cover letter informing the amount of cards that you request and the names of the applicants only.
Upon arrival at the Dominican airport. Nevertheless, we strongly recommend to obtain the cards in advance in order to avoid long queues a the airport.
- Passports must be valid for 6 months
- Children may travel on a parent’s passport until the age of 15.
- The process will take approximately 7 working days.
- Tourist Cards are absolutely non-refundable.
- Tourist Cards may be purchased well in advance of the date of travel as their validity starts from the date of entry.
- Tourist Cards are valid for 30 days from the day of entry to the Dominican Republic.
Multiple applications may be made together by sending one pre-paid return envelope and one postal order or banker´s draft.
You can now purchase your Tourist Cards online.